Thursday 27 May 2010

Hot 'n Cold


Having had a few days of remarkably warm weather today started off very miserably. Cool, dull and rainy. Good job I set aside last Sunday for gardening. I worked solidly for a few hours and managed to get everything planted out, potted up and thinned out. Today all is looking very well indeed, particularly my runner beans which are winding up the canes with no problem whatsoever.

I decided just to thin the cabbage and broccoli seedlings which have come up in the main garden bed as they seemed a little too small to transplant. Carrots have germinated too but no sign of the parsnips.

Once I'd done all the hard work, I sat to survey my handywork when something caught my eye. Could it be....really...YES! A teeny weeny plum. On closer inspection not 1 or 2 or 3 but 4 tweeny weeny plums on my new plum tree. I will be very interested to see how they develop and ripen in their semi-shaded position.

No comments:

Post a Comment