Sunday 1 August 2010

Coming soon . . .

Once again, I am over the moon at what my shady garden is allowing me to grow.

As the sunniest part only gets sun for a maximum of 3-4 hours, when I planted some cherry tomato plants I really wasn't expecting too much as these types of fruit bearing plants should really get sun for quite a few hours...or so we are led to believe.


I was beginning to think mine were very late and that the lack of sun was affecting their growth, but having checked back on when I sowed them, they are still within the 20 weeks from sowing to harvesting time and as you can see, they are well on their way to producing a reasonable crop.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the current dull weather is only temporary and that I'll get a good many more sunny days to help them ripen up properly during August.

No comments:

Post a Comment